Day 20

My lab partner and I continued working on our PowerPoint in the morning. I took a picture of the clay & silt sample using the camera because our other one was not clear enough for the image analysis. I continued working on and finished the manual image analysis for the sand image and transferred the data onto a spreadsheet. However, after binning the data, we noticed that the particle size distribution did not match our data from the sieving trials for sand. We asked our advisor and he said to redo the image because the cropped version messed with the pixel sizing of the image. After lunch, I went to a MS thesis defense on visual perception. The title of the presentation was "A Tool for the Analysis of Human Interaction with Two-Dimensional Printed Imagery. I also started working on a new manual analysis of the sand image in ImageJ and finished before I left. Chris said that he will give us some advice on our presentations next Monday and after we can start the wet sieving if the material arrives. It's been a great week overall.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 1

Day 4