Day 17

During the staff meeting today, Joe read through my group's presentation outline and gave Hannah and I some feedback. He also suggested that we decrease the word count on some slides in our presentation. In the morning, I revised some of the slides in our PowerPoint and finished analyzing both the microscopic image of clay & silt (image attached) as well as an image of gravel taken using a camera on ImageJ. I also entered the data from the sieving I did yesterday into Excel to generate a graph of sieve size vs. percentage weight. At 11, Amy and I went to a MS thesis defense on shadow detection in aerial imaging over at the Gleason building. The presenter talked about various methods of detecting shadows in an image, including both neural and convolutional neural networks (CNN's), and compared the results of all the methods mentioned. After lunch, my lab partner and I ran two more trials of dry sieving with the gravel (We are officially done with dry sieving!). We generated graphs from out data tables and put them into our PowerPoint. I was also able to finish the manual image analysis of a microscopic image of gravel and export the measurements. Before I left, I started analyzing a camera image of sand in ImageJ, which I will continue working on this week. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 1

Day 20

Day 7