Day 2

Today was pretty successful overall. Joe had a brief meeting with all of the interns in the morning and then set us loose to go meet with our advisors and start our research. My advisor gave Hannah and I a quick presentation of the background information associated with what we would be doing over the summer, which includes comparing wet and dry sieving methods as well as both manual and automated image analysis. After, we were given three articles to read that pertained to the experimentation we would be doing in the near future as well as our final project. I was able to finish reading two of the articles and start reading the last one. The first article described in detail the wet and dry sieving methods and highlighted the important features of both. The second article was about automated image-processing techniques that contributed to a better understanding of grain-size distribution within a soil sample and why automated image analysis is better than its manual counterpart. I definitely felt more confident about my research topic after reading these articles. I took detailed notes on each article and also found three other articles that would help me better understand the research topic either on google scholar or on the RIT library website. I am excited to learn more and start experimenting in the next few weeks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 1

Day 20

Day 7