Day 6

In the morning, Joe read through all of our abstracts, except for Amy's because she wasn't here, and gave us feedback. Joe also told us that every day this week, we would visit a different lab to get an idea of what our peers were researching. After the meeting, Hannah and I went to our lab and started working on our test plans that our advisor suggested we write-up before starting our experiments. I finished the materials section and most of the procedure section before lunch. I read a few articles to help me with the details of the procedure. Hannah and I also figured out what sieve sizes and soil types we would use for our wet and dry sieving experiments using the sieve shaker. We decided to conduct the same experiments three times to ensure the accuracy of our results and to better compare our data. After lunch, I had Chris look over my test plan outline that I had so far. Later, he sent me a video that described how to use ImageJ to find the individual particle sizes within a single image. I watched the video and took notes to include in my test plan. I can't wait to start experimenting soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 1

Day 20

Day 7